Helena Conway has fallen in love.
But not unprovoked. Kit Isley is everything she’s not—unstructured, untethered, and not even a little bit careful.
It could all be so beautiful…if he wasn’t dating her best friend. Helena must defy her heart, do the right thing, and think of others.
Until she doesn’t.
I was a little bit disoriented, having just woken up on January 1, and I saw that this book just went live within the hour, so I clicked the link and impulsively pressed the 1-click buy in Amazon.
What do I think? Hmmmmm, it was good read. Messy? Yes. Were people hurt? Yes. Romantic? It was… in a ‘Tarryn Fisher’ way. But, I’m sure that this book is 100% lighter than her others.
What I liked:
1) The banters- Oh my goodness, these are so good, I crave for more of this.
2) Muslim- Oh what a badass <3 (I think I started liking cute psychopaths like him, ever since I met Kai from TVD)
3) Greer- this lady is the coolest of all the cool girls in this world. She’s an artist, and she loves purple. She’s deep, but she doesn’t really take herself seriously. She’s my fave character, actually.
*O MY GAAAHD, MUSLIM AND GREER WOULD BE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER, TARRYN TAKE NOTE HAHAHA*
4) Helena’s Dad, because he’s just so funny.
5) Luna Lovegood, I mean June, lol because these quirky weird ones are the ones who add flavor to a book.
6) The fact that Harry Potter References are everywhere!!!!!!!
8) Port Townsend and Washington- oh yeeees, I already added them to my travel bucketlist!
9) Helena’s Beige Bitch Outfits <3 because not everyone can rock beige outfits.
Don’t make someone burn, and then try to douse the flames with the things you should have done. Those regrets are gasoline not water.
What I didn’t like
1) Kit- *sighs* he cooks really well, and it’s adorable that he sings to his kid all the time but… he’s a little bit of a user and he doesn’t man up until the end, I MEAN C’mon, You were leading Della on from the start man, all the while flirting and confusing Helena! You could have spared yourself and the girls a lot of hurt if you were a wee bit honest with yourself.
2) Helena- she was pretty relateable and decent most of the time, but sometimes I get annoyed with her. She confuses me, she’s like the Katy Perry song, Hot n’ Cold.
3) Della, she’s the kind of girl I wouldn’t ever want to be, and would try not to be. I really pity this girl.
“You’re a dead language, you know that? No one is like you, and you are like no one.”
“I’ve moved on, Helena,” she says. “You can love someone your whole life and not know why. You can even live with it.
Writing Style: Lots of Harry Potter, Cursing, and angst, very Tarryn lol,
Characters: Her characters were not at all perfect, but it worked to keep the story interesting.