At the time of writing, I have read 79 books for this year, 23 of them I awarded 5 stars but I’m only going to pick the best 15 books I’ve read for this year. I’ll try my best to.
- Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes. Liars, Inc. was one of the best mystery books I’ve ever read. I loved the story and the characters and the plot twists were exciting! If you haven’t read this yet, be sure to check it out!
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. THIS BOOK MADE ME UGLY CRY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. I love London. Give me FOUR LONDONS and I’ll love you forever. This can just qualify as my favorite book for this year. I simply cannot wait for A Gathering of Shadows!
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. FLUFF YES FLUFF. It was my first Kasie West novel and I seriously craved for more afterwards!
- The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs. First non-fiction I featured in the blog and I didn’t regret anything. Every one of us needs a copy of this book.
- Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway. MORE FLUFF but it’s got mystery too! This has to be the best contemporary novel I’ve read this year.
- Broken Skies by Theresa Kay. I loved this so much I want to smack my head for not reading the sequel soon. I mean I still haven’t read it. Please smack me in the forehead.
- Simon VS. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. QUEER. OREOS. FUN.ROMANCE. FRIENDSHIP.OREOS. YES. FUN.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. This massive book got me hooked so much. It’s worth the hype guys.
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. I was honestly surprised I got approved for this. Lovely cover, lovely story. I’m still in awe that it’s a debut.
- Damaged Done by Amanda Panitch. JAW HITS FLOOR. I was seriously on edge the whole time I was reading it. I couldn’t put it down.
- The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons. It’s action-packed and honestly I didn’t mind the romance. I actually SHIP IT. <3
- Most Likely to Succeed by Jennifer Echols.Diversity YES. Friendship = YES YES Romance = YES YES YES. I loved this book so much!! It’s my favorite among the three!!!
- The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma. Reading this made me think of Black Swan. I loved every single second of this. It’s written beautifully.
- The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand. It’s poignant and it hits right in the feels. I loved every emotion I felt while reading this book.
So these are the best 15 I read this year. Have you read any from this list? Tell me what you think of them!